Jeff Loria is a piece of shit. I can say that knowing with a 97.6% certainty that anyone who is a baseball fan is behind me. The other 2.4% is the Toronto Bluejays fans, who should be laughing their asses off at this point. Last night, Loria, the owner of the Miami Marlins, pulled the wool over the eyes of the Marlins fan base yet again. After his one year spending spree didn’t go as well as planned, the scuzz bucket decided to unload major talent and, in the process, the Marlins fan base.
The deal included All-Star shortstop Jose Reyes, left-hander Mark Buehrle and ace right-hander Josh Johnson to the Toronto Blue Jays in return for shortstops Yunel Escobar and Adeiny Hechavarria, right-handers Henderson Alvarez and Anthony DeScalfani, catcher Jeff Mathis, minor-league left-hander Justin Nicolino and outfielder Jake Marisnick. Or, if you are telling someone about this trade later today, you can refer to the latter part of the trade as “nothing”.
As soon as I heard about the trade, I checked two Twitter time lines, outfielders Logan Morrison and Giancarlo Stanton. I definitely wasn’t disappointed either. Below are theirs, and their teammates, reactions to the trade as they found out. The gallery below that are some of the great Tweets from people all around Twitter, including journalists and ESPN personalities.
Even the former manager, old Ozzie G, chimed in for a moment on the trade. Below is a gallery of some of the best reactions from Twitter.
[nggallery id = 42]